Thursday, October 20, 2011

Stealing other people's ideas







Sisters4saymoreismore showed a great redesign of a cardigan by embellishing with flowers made of T-shirts.
















First curve one corner.


They used about 34 flowers, which sounded like a great deal of cutting. However, I figured out how to do it fairly simply and quickly.




What usually slows me down is cutting from the upper or left-hand side, because I'm right-handed.









Cut in the top side of the first petal, then curve
the next corner.



So I did all the cuts in one direction, flipped the flower, and then made the other cuts. Here's what it looks like in progress.















After making all the cuts, flip it over.















Then make the other cuts of the petals, going in the correct direction once again.

Dang my lack of HTML skillz! I can't figure out how to a) move the pictures around to where I want them, and b) line up the captions correctly. Grrr.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hey this is Julie from EverydayEmbellishmets!
On that vintage dress neckline, I wanted to pull the boat neck up a bit. I took a little pleat inside on top of the shoulder to pull up the front. However now I can barely get my head through! But, I still can so I didn't pull it out :)