Friday, April 28, 2006

Bye-bye, boobies

One of the things that kept me from trying to lose weight for years was my boobs. I loved having boobs. A B-cup isn't much, but compared to a nearly-A, they're huge! And since they came on so slowly, after gaining a fair amount of weight, I figured they'd be the first thing I'd lose if I ever dieted.

They stuck around much longer than I expected. I'm now within 2 pounds of my goal weight, and still wearing a B-cup. A padded, push-up, not quite full B-cup, but a B-cup, dammit! And oh, the joys of the push-up bra! I tried one once, years ago, when I was a nearly-A. It was ridiculous. Going from pancake-flat to having roundness on my chest looked absurd, and I've avoided push-ups ever since.

But once I lost enough weight that a 38 B really didn't fit, I went in for sizing and shopping. Lo and behold, I was told I'm a 34 B. So, fearing that loss of cup size was right around the corner, I tried on a push-up. Without making me look like I'm pretending to be a D-cup, I've suddenly got cleavage. And now, though I notice they're getting smaller, they're still pretty happy to hang out in a B-cup.

Who knew?

No comments: