Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Halloween



While shopping at Fabric Hell I heard an announcement over the intercom that their clearance fabrics were 50% off, an unannounced one-day sale. I meandered over and instantly fell in love with a blue fabric which announced itself to me as my Halloween costume. It was SO Project Runway (in a cheap-ass, tasteless kind of way).

So I started out making an Uli dress, but it morphed into a PR homage. I did the Santino braiding around the neck. I melted the hem, a la Michael with the Pam Grier hotpants. I mixed prints, my nod to Uli. And I fake tanned for the Duchess. I also did the smokey eye with a nude lip. During the day I tried making a bow out of my hair, but it was too subtle (and doing it correctly would have been too much work), so I just wore it loose for the evening.

If only I had a digital camera; Michael's cell phone just doesn't do it justice, and my film won't be developed for a while. *sigh*

No comments: